August 12th, 2012 | Published in Inside Track
The Inside Track now has a way to let you know if there are new commuter-generated alerts on YOUR line. You can also monitor a secondary line!
The best part: You can do this without checking your e-mail!
Here is how it works: (illustrations of all of this can be found below. Click on images to expand)
- We added two new fields to The Inside Track: the words Primary and Secondary
(Be sure you have set up a Primary and Secondary line. Use the Profile feature in the app)
- When a commuter shares an alert on your Primary or Secondary line, the corresponding word on the page change to red
- When you click-through, you will see the actual alert!
- We also share the e-mail address you would use to share information on that line.
Other cool stuff:
- The alerts will show up here before they show up in your inbox
- We’re still experimenting with new ways to show you this data…so we may tweek the web page a bit
- We only show you alerts only from the previous 6 hours (if you think you need more, then let us know)
- In the future, we will give commuters the option to request that their account stop receiving alerts as e-mails (some people may decide that all they need is to browse them in the app)