March 25th, 2017 |
- The real-time LIRR feed is resolved
- LIRR Departureboard is back
- New feature: AM/PM views (automtic or manual)
- New feature: “show departed trains”
- Premium users can receive track predictions and track alerts
- Several fixes/refinements to the logic which allows use to identify the train for a given alert
- Other enhancements for stability and security
March 24th, 2017 |
First of all, a big THANK YOU to the Clever Commuters who broke the story this morning (news account). Fortunately, we are not hearing of any injuries at this time.
Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s commute:
One of the best sources of official info is NJT’s Twitter feed – https://twitter.com/njtransit
You do NOT need a Twitter account to go to that site on any browser.
UPDATED 3:30 PM Here is info from that feed (this is all subject to change)
- NJT has published this PM schedule from NYP
- MTD will continue to operate in/out of Hoboken
- HOB services will also be impacted due to the additional trains in the terminal
- Cross honoring is in effect system-wide with NJT bus, private carriers, NY Waterway and with PATH at NPS, HOB, and 33rd Street in NY
Other tips for you
- Please follow us on Twitter (@clevercommute)
- You can get your alerts via tweet
(see clevercommute.com/twitter for all the follows)
- Stop by our Facebook (facebook.com/clevercommute) page to see and comment on pictures from the incident
- Please invite your coworkers to get our free app (http://clevercommute.com/app/).
(also cover LIRR and Metro North)
We’re onboarding lots of new users today…all are welcome!
- If you work in the media (or know someone who does), please reply so we can add you to our “media advisory” list
- If you have any questions about our best practices for sending alerts, please review them.
To sum it up:
- Use the official and unofficial channels to stay informed
- Allocate extra time for your commute tonight
- Use our free app to share some digital breadcrumbs to help fellow passengers 🙂
- Be thankful things were not worse 🙂
If you have any questions, please use the Contact feature of our web site.
January 14th, 2017 |
- Duplicate broadcast messages are fixed
- Duplicate confirmations to senders of broadcast or auto-forwarded messages are fixed
- When using Send an Alert, users may now select their train
- Fixes to accuracy of train selection in MyTrains
- When provided in Send An Alert, train numbers are shown in Recent Alerts
- In Recent Alerts – improved handling of special characters
December 3rd, 2016 |
||How to Subscribe
||Payments Handled By
||Clever Commute Web site
||Apple and Google
Since subscribers pre-pay, we arranged a migration which ensures
- it’s not a hassle for our client
- we tip the scale in the client’s favor
On the day you are next billed, WE do 3 things:
- Refund the payment you just made
- Halt all future PayPal payments to us
- Set your Inside Track account to Expired
YOUR NEXT STEPS: Visit the free app and use the “Premium” menu option to upgrade
Cool: Your first 30 days of the app-based premium service are free!
November 1st, 2016 |
It’s getaway day…so let’s give some extra help today
Please leave “breadcrumbs” and tips this afternoon for fellow commuters as you travel through Penn, Grand Central, Port Authority, Hoboken, etc:
- How long is the wait for tickets? (at the machines? at the windows?)
- How crowded is the station?
- How crowded are the trains?Please use real benchmarks where you can.
THE ABOVE ARE JUST EXAMPLES…if YOU think a given piece of info would help…then please share it!
September 29th, 2016 |
|A special post related to this morning’s crash. We pray for those hurt and killed, and are committed to doing all we can to support the commuters we serve.
If you are not yet familiar with Clever Commute, please learn more and get our free app.
To the media: Clever Commute provides B2B services including aggregated datafeeds and advisory services. Contact us to learn more.
All: Our real-time information is also published via Twitter. We have an active Facebook page.
The Top 1/2 Dozen Tips for 29-September
- Other stations (e.g., NY Penn and Newark Penn) will be crowded and in use by Hoboken commuters.
Get there early and be patient.
- NJ Transit (web and e-mail alerts) is the best place to learn about cross-honoring with other carriers.
There are sometimes nuances about stations / routes…but today’s approach seems appropriately broad.
- NJ Transit always offers NJT train/bus cross honoring. Tonight might be a good opportunity to use it.
To learn more, start at NJT web = >Ticket Option => Rail Tickets => Ticket Flexibility
- Use NJ Transit’s free app to get your tickets.
- www.njtransit.com may continue to be up and down.
Keep trying and do not wait until the evening rush begins.
- If you are looking for a NJT train map, you can find them on other sites, too
September 5th, 2016 |
As you know, the information you get via our free service comes from your fellow commuters on YOUR train (or bus) route.
We are exploring new technology which would identify the issues which are reported on one line…but are of interest to all. Examples:
- For NJT Train Riders – “single tracking” affects all lines to NY Penn
- For LIRR – “track changes” at NYP affect most (if not all) commuters
- For MNR – Issues at 125th street (e.g., fire) affect all three major lines
- For NJ Bus riders – messages about the XBL and the tunnel will be of broad interest
See what we’re getting at here?
Please use our Contact Us tool to share your thoughts and ideas:
What are the specific things that you feel are of systemwide interest?
As a first step, we are looking for your feedback on what to look for. After that, we’ll use technology to actually identify it.
Clever Commute can then syndicate that info and also label it as automated cross-route shares
Thanks for your replies
September 4th, 2016 |
- Social integration – Share via Twitter and other networks
- Overhauled snooze and Pause/Resume functinoality
- Improved the voting (ThumbsUp/ThumbsDown) functionality
- Give special emphasis to alerts from Clever Commute admin
- Expand the time window for MyTrains (More choices)
- Add a floating “compose” icon to quickly create for new alerts
- Automated cross-route sharing
- Fixed: The app no longer turns off checkboxes after viewing Vent and Check Ins
- Other bug fixes and performance enhancements
Also: Other foundational work in support of future releases
August 14th, 2016 |
admin, App, examples
Here are the steps
All – Visit our Release Notes to learn the number of our latest version
- Launch App Store
- Tap on the Update icon tab at lower right
- Tap on Purchased button in the upper section the screen
- Scroll to find Clever Commute
You will see the version listed right below the name/description of the app
If you are not running the latest, then follow these steps.
- Go to Settings
- Tap Applications
- Tap Application Manager
- Scroll to find Clever Commute …and click on it
You will see the version number at the top of the screen
If you are not running the latest, then follow these steps.
July 15th, 2016 |
- Fixed notification badge (desktop icon) for iOS
- Fixed “Departureboard” Name when changing from one provider to another
- Fixed Google Maps error
- New feature – Tweets are now hashtagged with transit provider name
- Improved admin tools for moderating inappropriate content
- Improved RSS feeds for business partners
- Other fixes/enhancements to support admin / monitoring