July 22nd, 2009 |
Chicago, CTA, examples, Metra
If you want to see the value that Clever Commute adds, we encourage you to look at these examples from the last 24 hours.
Tuesday morning: a rider on Metra’s Milwaukee District North Line shared news of inbound delays.
Tuesday evening: a Purple Line commuter alerted us as follows:
Purple express South stopping at Sheridan for Elton John Billy Joel concert
Wednesday morning: activity on the BNSF
- Â 637 train out of RT 59 to Chicago is stopped due to a Naperville train stopped at Naperville station!
- BNSF Train #1230, scheduled to arrive Chicago Union Station at 7:44Â a.m., is currently stopped at Naperville due to mechanical problems…
- Â 657 out of rt 59 is delayed behind other trains
- BNSF trains are now moving
As we like to say here at Clever Commute “It’s good to know”….and once you are armed with info like this…you are better prepared for your commute.
A note on message formats: we encourage people to put thier entire message in the SUBJECT line of the e-mail. You’d be amazed at what can fit in 140 characters. (both of today’s ‘alerts’ would have made it…with room to spare).
July 15th, 2009 |
Chicago, new markets, welcome
The one-liner here is that you have joined a community that gives you the ability to help (and receive help from) your fellow passengers.
All of the â€œalertsâ€ and â€œadvisoriesâ€ will come from YOUâ€¦and are sent directly to your fellow commuters (on your line).
Hereâ€™s more of what you need to prepare for â€œDay 1â€³
- Your should have received a â€œWelcomeâ€ mailâ€¦and the only thing you really need to note is the one e-mail address you need for the train line your ride
(You can always reach CleverCommute staff via the website)
- As thousands of commuters in NY, Boston and elsewhere know, this service is all about people-helping-each-otherâ€¦and the other people on your list are your neighbors. Please make your messages to the group (1) constructive and (2) actionable.
The recent media attention has indeed caused a â€œgrowth spurtâ€ in our membershipâ€¦so there will be some growing pains Iâ€™m sureâ€¦but weâ€™ll get through it together.
- Ask friends and fellow commuters to sign up. Speaking from my own experience, each community can (and should) grow much larger than they are now
- Follow this link to a few bullet points based on our experiences in the NY area. Maybe the Chicago-area dynamics will be reason to tweak theseâ€¦but I think this is a good starting point
Some Chicago commuters have most definitely had rough commutes lately. Soâ€¦
- Please help each other out
- Encourage others to join. I will process any sign-ups that come to us before 11:00 PM tonight (and of course throughout the day tomorrow)
Thanks again to everyone for making it an exciting day.Welcome aboard.