September 25th, 2016 | Published in announcements
September 20th, 2016 | Published in admin
There are 4 (levels) of users of the Clever Commute app…as defined by these badges
Tourists – Newbies, probies or anyone whose ability to send messages is limited/restricted (this is quite rare)
Commuters – these are the vast majority of users.
Rail Warriors – These are trusted, elevated users with a strong history of constructive messages. You can tell it’s a Rail Warrior message by the way the area below the actual alert is peach colored. The two most-significant features of Rail Warriors are:
- They have the ability to send messages to multiple communities at a time.
E.g., “All LIRR Riders”…”All NJT Midtown Direct Riders”…”All NJ Bus Riders”
- Their messages bypass the app’s “duplicate checker” routine.
That is to say: even if our screening technology flags one of their messages as a possible duplicate of another one already sent, we give the Road Warrior’s message the benefit of the doubt by letting it through.
Admin – That’s me – Conductor Josh. My messages have a light blue background.
September 18th, 2016 | Published in announcements
September 10th, 2016 | Published in announcements
This is your once-a-week communique from Clever Commute HQ.
September 5th, 2016 | Published in admin
- For NJT Train Riders – “single tracking” affects all lines to NY Penn
- For LIRR – “track changes” at NYP affect most (if not all) commuters
- For MNR – Issues at 125th street (e.g., fire) affect all three major lines
- For NJ Bus riders – messages about the XBL and the tunnel will be of broad interest
September 4th, 2016 | Published in admin
- Social integration – Share via Twitter and other networks
- Overhauled snooze and Pause/Resume functinoality
- Improved the voting (ThumbsUp/ThumbsDown) functionality
- Give special emphasis to alerts from Clever Commute admin
- Expand the time window for MyTrains (More choices)
- Add a floating “compose” icon to quickly create for new alerts
- Automated cross-route sharing
- Fixed: The app no longer turns off checkboxes after viewing Vent and Check Ins
- Other bug fixes and performance enhancements
Also: Other foundational work in support of future releases
September 2nd, 2016 | Published in announcements
- how long is the wait for tickets? (at the machines? at the windows?)
- got any tips/tricks for buying tickets today?
- how crowded is the station? How crowded are the trains? Please use real benchmarks
THE ABOVE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
If YOU have any info which would help others…then please share it!
August 28th, 2016 | Published in announcements
Two points to note as we go into the week of 29-August, 2016
- It’s really important that you stay up-to-date with the latest (best) version of the free Clever Commute app.
That is version 2.1.8.
See what version you are running
See what we changed in this version
- So…who REALLY has the worst commute?
By one measure, there actually is an answer. Come to our Facebook page to see who has this dubious honor.
August 21st, 2016 | Published in App
- Add the Commuter Forecast to the app
- Remove “Update” button from Profile page (use 1-step edit)
- Do NOT apply any filters to values captured via the Hashtag field (allow adult language 🙂 )
- Default the values for Continent and Country at Sign-up and Profile
- Let users know that their nickname may be publicly viewable
- Nicknames must now be at least 6 characters
- Crispen/Clarify the layout of Track Prediction page
- Expand time window for MyTrains
- Recent Alerts – Improved rendering of route name
- Allow e-mail address which contains hyphen
- Switch to the proper keyboard so users can easily use “@” key where needed
Here are the steps
- Launch App Store
- Tap on the Update icon tab at lower right
- Tap on Purchased button in the upper section the screen
- Scroll to find Clever Commute
You will see the version listed right below the name/description of the app
- Go to Settings
- Tap Applications
- Tap Application Manager
- Scroll to find Clever Commute …and click on it
You will see the version number at the top of the screen