January 24th, 2017 | Published in announcements
January 21st, 2017 | Published in announcements
- Duplicate broadcast messages are fixed
- Duplicate confirmations to senders of broadcast or auto-forwarded messages are fixed
- When using Send an Alert, users may now select their train
- Fixes to accuracy of train selection in MyTrains
- When provided in Send An Alert, train numbers are shown in Recent Alerts
- In Recent Alerts – improved handling of special characters
|User Experience||How to Subscribe||Payments Handled By|
|Old||Mobile web||Clever Commute Web site||PayPal|
|New||Smartphone App||In-App purchase||Apple and Google|
Since subscribers pre-pay, we arranged a migration which ensures
- it’s not a hassle for our client
- we tip the scale in the client’s favor
On the day you are next billed, WE do 3 things:
- Refund the payment you just made
- Halt all future PayPal payments to us
- Set your Inside Track account to Expired
YOUR NEXT STEPS: Visit the free app and use the “Premium” menu option to upgrade
Cool: Your first 30 days of the app-based premium service are free!
- Rail Warriors may now send messages to All NY Metro Train Commuters
- Improved handling of messages from PABT feed (Push notifications added)
- Added NJT Gladstone (Hoboken) to MyTrains selection
- Improved reliability of scheduler for daily Commuter Forecast
- Soft launch of new field to show the speed of the bus/train
- Improved UI for Send an Alert
- Enhanced existing curation service to recognize AM vs PM
- Other changes for performance, security and stability
November 15th, 2016 | Published in announcements
As a service to commuters, we provide this getaway advice for those who are exiting NYC (via public transit) for the Thanksgiving holiday. Read on for:
- A look back at 2015: “What was ‘the witching hour’ last year?” (HINT: It starts at 1:30 PM)
- Clever Commute’s “SIX T’s” – the key to a stress-free commute on getaway day
|A Lookback: 2015 Thanksgiving Eve Summary
Believe it or not: You are in control !
Here are six things you can do for a smooth getaway…
OK, that’s a bit cheeky. But do you seriously need to go to the office?
Do this: Use the time between now and Tuesday to line up tasks/calls that can be done remotely on Wednesday.
2. Tickets – tickets..Tickets…TICKETS.
If you or your traveling companion will need a ticket, purchase it now.
Lines will be loooooong and stations will be crowded on Wednesday afternoon.
Do this: NJ Transit, Metro North and LIRR all have ticket apps.
Spend a few minutes now to install and set up your account.
3. Timetables and Schedule changes
There are websites (e.g., NJ Transit, Metro North, LIRR) as well as apps galore with info about schedules
(including extra getaway day service).
Do this: Plan ahead…and even think of a backup plan.
4. Timing is crucial
We expect this year’s commuting pattern to be similar to last year.
Do this: Plan your departure time carefully. Even if there is extra service, there will be crowds…and it’s all first-come-first-served.
5. Terminal – Choose wisely
If it is at all within your control, avoid NY Penn Station.
- NJT riders should consider Hoboken and/or Newark Penn
- LIRR riders: try Atlantic Terminal
6. Other Tips:
- Dress in layers – The terminal or the trains can be warm…especially when crowded.
- Bring water/snacks – Save time…save money.
- “Baggage strategy” matters – There is not a lot of room on the train/bus.
- Make your plan now – Do NOT wait until Wednesday morning to start thinking about this.
November 14th, 2016 | Published in announcements
- Fixes and enhancements for stability and security
November 7th, 2016 | Published in announcements
- Improve / Streamline Twitter integration
- Improve the end-user experience when cell/wifi signal is weak
- Update Profile page for better user control of their data
- Improve the look-and-feel of Recent Alerts
- Premium users now have better colors / fonts on Recent Alerts
- Rail Warriors now have more options for target audience
- Improve the logic which curates and shares UGC
Plus various other fixes and enhancements for stability and security
November 1st, 2016 | Published in admin
It’s getaway day…so let’s give some extra help today
- How long is the wait for tickets? (at the machines? at the windows?)
- How crowded is the station?
- How crowded are the trains?Please use real benchmarks where you can.
THE ABOVE ARE JUST EXAMPLES…if YOU think a given piece of info would help…then please share it!
October 25th, 2016 | Published in announcements
- Make the menus look the same (main vs submenu)
- Change category to “Vent” for unsavory postings
- Add a “Days of History” slider to the Track Predictor
- Internationalize the Zip Code
- New choices for Rail Warriors target audiences
Plus various other fixes and enhancements for security and stability