October 30th, 2012 | Published in CCP
As of Tuesday AM, it appears that the commuting infrastructure has experienced damage which exceeded the largest estimates. It will be a while until the commute returns to normal.
As usual, Clever Commute will be providing the technology which connects the commuters and filters and curates the data. But, we rely on YOU to supply much of it. Please lead by example and share information which you think others should know. (a gentle reminder to not ask question of the group…as that can result in a “mail storm”…and I think we’ve had enough storms lately)
Key resources for post-Sandy commuters:
(1) Inside Track – our premium service. Much of it runs on the mobile web, so you can access it via iPhone, Android, PC, Mac, etc. Two key benefits (1) Frees up your inbox (2) Allows you to monitor alerts on two different commuter lines. Members of this service will therefore have seamless access to otherwise unavailable updates. It’s got a 30-day free trial…so now is the time to try it.
Watch the 3-minute video here and get all the info here and signup here.
(it’s a crucial tool if you ride NJ Transit Trains. For others, it’s still beta)
(2) Use the existing tools: Subway…PATH…and of courser NJT/LIRR/MNR…and more!
- Subway. Yes…we have “Clever” communities for the 1-2-3, 4-5-6 and the A-C-E. (go to clevercommute.com/signup and set Select provider type to “Subway”)
- PATH. Each of the 4 PATH lines has its own community (Select provider type to “Light Rail w/PATH”)
- All major commuters lines: NJ Transit, Metro North, LIRR, some private and NJT buses. See the whole list
(3) Clever tools you may NOT yet know about: Facebook and Twitter
- our Facebook page. We’ll be posting updates there, too. This is a great place to share…ask…learn
- Twitter – there are two key ways to use Twitter
(i) Follow @clevercommute for general updates and info
(ii) use the Twitter follow for YOUR line. We Tweet all of the alerts generated. To see the @follow for your route, go to www.clevercommute.com/twitter
The best way to reach us is via the Contact Us feature of the website…but a note to feedback at clevercommute dot com will get a response, too.