Some tips (not all tips are applicable to all carriers)
All Clever Commuters may receive …
- Alerts from Commuters – these are the nuggets of gold which are sent from your fellow passengers on your Primary line (only the Primary line)
- Special Alerts – these come from the CCCC – the Clever Commute Command Center
(these are things which we share with you…from a variety of sources… including riders on other lines) Depending on your carrier, you may also receive #3
- Track number notifications – If applicable, use the Trains and Tracks feature to select your trains
For each of the above, you have the option to receive them as E-mail or Text message or Not at all
To set your preferences, use the menu (“gears”) on the main page…and open your profile.
Scroll down until you see My Communication Preferences
You will only receive alerts (1,2,3 above) during your stated commuting days/times.
Once you switch to this new approach, you gain several new features
- set time-of-day parameters (e.g., only receive alerts ((1), (2), or (3)) during your stated commuting times
- pause/restart alerts (e.g. vacation)
- set a snooze on your alerts (but they will auto-resume after a pre-set time)
Other notes regarding communications
- Even if you turn off (1), (2) and (3), you always have the ability to view this info via the web app itself.
- Remember: If you are also a user of our free service, then please click here for important info (to avoid receiving duplicate messages).
Regarding the overall view of the departureboard
Please see this link