|People often make that comparison. In many ways, they are correct. But there is one very important difference:
Clever Commute uses a variety of technologies (keywords, semantics, patterns, user history, etc.) to review submissions before they are posted.
We do this to ensure they are both suitable and in-line with our best practices.
At it’s simplest, our rules of the road ask: “Does this message contain….
- … actionable information to plan a commute?
- … the tone and content that you would find on traffic report?
- … an objective statement ?
The filters are technology-based, so all messages are subject to the same rigor. It’s not perfect…and there are indeed some false positives. We do our best to resolve those in real-time. But overall, our robots are there to help ensure quality for our commuters, and also to respect our sponsors and other business partners.
So…what does that leave us with?
- Sometimes people just want to vent…so we now have a feature for that (See more info here and via our @clevervent Twitter feed)
- Sometimes people combine helpful info with not-so-helpful info…and we provide guidance on that
- Sometimes, well, you get things such as the below… 🙂
Driver sees me through the snow and waits for me while I sprint from a full block away. Thanks my guardian angel