It’s OK to send a message to see if anyone has found your item (or if you found something).
Please follow these guidelines:
You must use our free app to send messages regarding Lost and Found.
- Use the Send an Alert feature, set the category to Lost and Found
(No need to say “Lost”)
- Be specific (which train? from where? did you sit in the front? the back? did you leave/find something on the seat? the floor? the overhead rack?)
- Do NOT share your personal contact info (see picture below)
Options: Ask recipients to
– turn item in to your carrier’s Lost & Found
– use the Contact page at our site if they have info about the item
- Do NOT include any comments about thanks or thank you
(sorry if that seems rude…but our everyday filters block that to prevent spam)
NOTE: here is the link to NJ Transit Lost and Found (or call 973-275-5555)
A good example (Do this…)
Suit jacket on luggage rack of top level of 1st car of 10:35 PM from NYP on Mon. Pls bring to NJT Lost & Found or tell Clever Commute admin
A bad example (Do NOT do this…)