Back to school time means time to get more Clever!
Go to www.clevercommute.com to see all that is new.
We initiated several changes…and you’ll see them implemented over the next few months. Here are the highlights of the first phase of changes (in place now)
- a new look-and-feel
- a streamlined and enhanced sign-up process
(for example: new “auto-suggest” feature for station names when you sign-up)
- A overall new structure which positions us well for neat new features
- Complete New Jersey Transit commuter train coverage!
- Pilot programs for Metro North and Long Island Rail Road
(know anyone on the Harlem line [e.g., White Plain] or the LIRR Port Washington Branch? Offer them the opportunity to sign up!)
(3) Increased privacy and ease-of-use
- A big change:
All mails on a given train/bus line will show in your inbox as From the same ID (e.g., Clever-Montclair-Boonton-Line).
This way, you can still filter and sort messages, but it also shields your email address from the rest of the list.
Note that your e-mail “signature” may continue to disclose information about you…but you’re in control.
This also means that that there is no “Reply to” address…and I think that’ll be fine. As always, the name of the proper e-mail address for mails to the list can be found in the footer
(4) This new blog – For now, we’re using it for announcements…but we’re looking at new ways to make this forum interactive beyond the Alert mails
(5) Does it bear repeating? – Clever Commute is a way for people to help each other. So please be sure to help your fellow commuter
What is in the works
- A better text-messaging experience – You can be Clever without a traditional portable e-mail devices. (many people do this today!)
- Broader coverage – We’d appreciate it if you could introduce us to friends / siblings / coworkers / neighbors that’d like to get his/her peers connected. We’ll provide the technology. It’s OK if it’s a small group…that’s exactly how this started.
- Ability to set “blackout” dates / times – Are there times when you would like to not receive messages? We’re working on that plus other personalization