Update the apps you'll use. Load up your e-reader, download your podcasts, music and movies.
Set up your music playlists.
Charge your device and your headphones. Bring your regular chargers as well as a temporary or emergency one.
T iming is crucial
Expect that there will be delays at every phase of your journey. Add some padding to your plans.
T imetables and Schedule changes
Even if you rode recently, do not assume you know all of your options.
The transit providers usually modify their schedules at least twice a year, but also around daylight saving time changes.
Good news: They often add extra trains to accommodate the holiday rush and you can use their date-specific trip planners,
T erminal - Choose wisely since you may have options
- If it is at all within your control, avoid NY Penn Station
- NJT riders: consider Hoboken and/or Newark Penn
- LIRR riders: consider Atlantic Terminal or Hunterspoint Avenue
T ips - A bit of a catch-all 🙂
- Dress in layers - the terminal or the trains can be warm
- Bring water/snacks - save time and save money. Plan ahead.
- Pick/Pack your bag early and pack lightly!
Make your plan now...Do NOT wait until day of to start thinking about this.