In a world where trip planners, Google Maps/Waze and or course Uber/Lyft are prevelent, you have many options and many ways to learn about them.
Here is some food for thought about those options.
This is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed or verified by Clever Commute.
Please contact us if you have any fixes to the below or additional suggestions.
NOTE: NJT always does some degree of cross-honoring.
Click on Travel Flexibility
Overall Options (There is clearly a Montclair focus, but this is also applicable to nearby towns)
- Montclair <-> Port Authority Bus Terminal via DeCamp Bus 33 or 66
- Montclair <-> Port Authority Bus Terminal via NJT bus (Allwood Park & Ride in Clifton)
- Montclair <-> Harrison / Jersey City / Hoboken. Take PATH to Manhattan.
- Montclair <-> Secaucus Junction and then travel via any other NJT train line
- Montclair <-> Newark Broad via NJT bus (e.g. #28) to Port Authority takes ~36 minutes
- Montclair <-> Newark Penn via NJT bus (e.g. #28) to Port Authority takes ~43 minutes
- Montclair/Bloomfield (Branch Brook Park Light Rail) <-> Newark Penn (map)
Note: If you have a monthly ticket you get unlimited travel on Newark Light Rail during the month the pass is valid
- Take NJ Transit Gladstone/Morristown line train from East Orange, Brick Church or Orange.
- Take NJ Transit Main line train from Clifton.
- Take NY Waterway ferry. You have options for your departure point.
- North Bergen Park and Ride
The address is Route 3 West & I-495 East, North Bergen, NJ 07047. You can put that into Google Maps for directions.
From there, take bus #320 to Port Authority. That bus runs very frequently, 24x7, but be sure to check the schedule.
From Newark to NYC
- From Newark Broad - Take Gladstone/Morristown Line to NY Penn
- From Newark Penn - PATH or NJT Train
From Newark Penn to home
- Bus 28: Watchung Ave, Upper Montclair, Mountain Ave, Montclair Heights.
- Bus 11, 28, 29 & 72: Bloomfield
- Bus 11, 28, 29: Glen Ridge and Bay Street
- Bus 11: Little Falls
- Bus 191: Montclair State University