UPDATED after the 4-April PM commute (see NEW below)
It’s going to be tough sledding for a while…
- NEW: L Higgs (NJ.com) Sorry, but your NJ Transit commute from hell might not end today
- NEW: A Siff (NBC) No End in Sight to Commute Nightmare
The best sources of official info are
- www.njtransit.com – The actual URL for the details may change. So just go there and look for the big message front-and-center on that page.
- NJ Transit’s Twiter feed – https://twitter.com/njtransit.
You do NOT need a Twitter account to go to that site on any browser.
|The schedule details vary by line. Read the NJT site to see what will be available to you.|
One constant: Cross honoring remains in effect with NJ TRANSIT bus, private carrier bus, NY Waterway ferry, and PATH at Newark, Hoboken and 33rd Street.
NEW: A list of ways to travel between Manhattan and Hoboken
NEW: A link to the NJT App
Also: Previous Clever Commute contingency blog posts (note: some may be out of date)
The other, best source? Clever Commute!
- In case you are not yet onboard, then please get our free app
- Please invite your coworkers to get our free app (https://clevercommute.com/app/).
- (also cover LIRR and Metro North)
We’re onboarding lots of new users today…all are welcome!
- Work in the media? (or know someone who does?), please contact us so we can add you to our “media advisory” list
- If you have any questions about our best practices for sending alerts, please review them.
- We’re on Twitter
– Follow @clevercommute for general info
– Get your line-specific alerts as tweets (see clevercommute.com/twitter for all the follows)
To sum it up:
- Use the official and unofficial channels to stay informed
- Allocate extra time for your commute
- Use our free app to share some digital breadcrumbs to help fellow passengers 🙂
- Be thankful things were not worse 🙂
If you have any questions, please use the Contact feature of our web site.