First of all, a big THANK YOU to the Clever Commuters who broke the story this morning (news account). Fortunately, we are not hearing of any injuries at this time.
Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s commute:
One of the best sources of official info is NJT’s Twitter feed – https://twitter.com/njtransit
You do NOT need a Twitter account to go to that site on any browser.
UPDATED 3:30 PM Here is info from that feed (this is all subject to change)
- NJT has published this PM schedule from NYP
- MTD will continue to operate in/out of Hoboken
- HOB services will also be impacted due to the additional trains in the terminal
- Cross honoring is in effect system-wide with NJT bus, private carriers, NY Waterway and with PATH at NPS, HOB, and 33rd Street in NY
Other tips for you
- Please follow us on Twitter (@clevercommute)
- You can get your alerts via tweet
(see clevercommute.com/twitter for all the follows)
- Stop by our Facebook (facebook.com/clevercommute) page to see and comment on pictures from the incident
- Please invite your coworkers to get our free app (https://clevercommute.com/app/).
(also cover LIRR and Metro North)
We’re onboarding lots of new users today…all are welcome!
- If you work in the media (or know someone who does), please reply so we can add you to our “media advisory” list
- If you have any questions about our best practices for sending alerts, please review them.
To sum it up:
- Use the official and unofficial channels to stay informed
- Allocate extra time for your commute tonight
- Use our free app to share some digital breadcrumbs to help fellow passengers 🙂
- Be thankful things were not worse 🙂
If you have any questions, please use the Contact feature of our web site.