Since the time we actually started documenting these things, we have tallied over 3,000 improvements to Clever Commute. It's impossible to keep track of all that the product does...especially the Premium service. (feature list)
But as a commuter myself, I know that Premium service is very well-suited for the new hybrid commuting model. Let's look at a few of the use-cases for people who go to the office just a few days a week:
- Since you are taking new/different trains/buses, the track prediction, track history, and time-in-advance features will come in handy. (read more about all of that here)
- The commuter forecast will help you plan your days
- Train geolocation map de-stresses your morning commute
- The departed trains feature is just amazing for everyone
- You may be transferring or taking bus + train...so the multiple routes feature is a cool utility for that
- Since you don't want to linger in the terminals, it's great to get text messages, SMS and push notifications for your trains' track announcements
- Everyone loves the ability to set day-of-week controls because you only want notifications on the days you commute
Honestly, the list goes on and on.
After 16 years of working on Clever, I know that the product is purpose-built to address the things that the transit providers won't ...don't...or can't provide.
As long as the app...and the trains and buses...are running, I promise you an incredible experience with an ever-expanding set of features.