Summary: Your ratings are key to maintaining the quality of Clever Commute user-generated messages. If you find a message unhelpful, please simply answer No to the Was this alert helpful? prompt.
Report abuse is for spam/hacks and patently offensive content.
We provide this feature in order to:
- reward the helpful post-ers
- engage and coach the un-helpful ones
- identify and deal with any spam or unauthorized use of the system
So, in the context of our best practices, you have two choices: Yes and No
Use Report Abuse here:
- A hacker/spammer is able to bypass our security and get their message sent to the community
(it’s rare…but it happens. See next point)
- A spam message is sent from the compromised e-mail account of an otherwise-valid Clever Commuter
(e.g., if an unauthorized person gets access to your e-mail account…then we may not immediately know)
- A legitimate commuter says something offensive / derogatory / insensitive, etc.
If you have additional concerns about a message you see, please feel free to let us know at email@example.com
Just because you don’t care for the content of a message, that does not necessarily mean that someone is abusing the system. Examples:
- A commuter shares a good alert…but outside of traditional commuting times
- Messages which come to you via our 3rd party feeds (e.g., Port Authority)
Final point: It may be worth your time to look at our premium product (The Inside Track). It gives you the ability to filter (block) messages based on category, sender and time-0f-day/day-of-week. (see examples here)
FYI – here are examples of recent messages which were marked as Abuse…but clearly are not.
- Bus Customer Alert – The PA Bus Term for Arrivals (NY-bound) is experiencing a delay due to a disabled vehicle/accident.
- Detour thru Secaucus. Problem inbound.
- 6:34 AM Northport to Hunters Point missed connection at Jamaica. Going to be 15 minutes late into NYP
- 7:51 AM Millburn MTD making extra stop at Secaucus. Already delayed in swamps by a few mins.
- 8:17 Walnut to NYP announced as picking up Secaucus passengers then rolls through when no one is on the platform