- Google Play users please visit this page
- Apple – Coming soon!
- PayPal (Legacy) – Please see below
We love all of our customers. Maybe you have a PayPal account…maybe you don’t. That’s OK. But we just want you to know that (for your safety) PayPal handles all of our transactions.
- People who DO have a PayPal account likely have one or more funding sources (e.g., credit card, bank account, PayPal balance) set up at PayPal.
- People who DO NOT have a PayPal account – PayPal charges your card on Clever Commute’s behalf.
In both cases, PayPal will make the recurring payment…yet Clever Commute has no knowledge of the details of the underlying payment source. (we don’t know if you are a PayPal user…and we certainly do not know details such as “card used” or “card number”)
If there is a problem with your funding source (e.g. credit card is expired or otherwise invalid), PayPal makes a few attempts to collect…over several days. If PayPal ultimately fails at collecting the money, then the recurring payment goes into a “suspended” state…and the commuter loses access to The Inside Track. Needless to say , that is not good for any of us. So…how to fix it?
If you set up your payment as yourself (e.g. NOT using a PayPal business account)
- Follow these steps if you DO have a PayPal account
- Follow these steps if you DO NOT have a PayPal account
If you set up your payment via a PayPal business account, then follow these steps