The one-liner: We have refactored the way we distinguish between features which are free and those which are Premium.
These changes are needed for the ongoing viability of the service and were done in collaboration with the Clever user community. (example 1 and example 2)
What has not changed is that we offer at least nine ways to get the Premium service for free.
Changes you will see by the end of April 2022
- During times of Covid-19, we temporarily gave Free users access to some of the 5 types of data used in the service.
We will revert to the pre-Covid-19 approach whereby users see only user-generated content on one route/line.
- The number of hours of data shown to Free users in the Recent Alerts page will be 1 (it was 2)
Premium users can set this between 1 and 12 hours via Settings => Comms & Config
- Free users will no longer have the ability to toggle on the ability to see Vent messages.
- The advanced features of the Departureboard (track predictor, track history) have always been Premium features.
The entire board is no longer a Free feature.
- Access to the Leaderboard is no longer a Free feature
- Access to the Resources menu is no longer a Free feature
Here is a list of all the documented Premium features (honestly, I don't even have them all written down)