Clever Commute was originally designed for use on a true mobile e-mail device (e.g., Blackberry, iPhone)…not a cell phone.
We previously did a work-around by sending e-mail to your phone (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
But now that Twitter is here…we have a new and better way:
So…here is what you should do if you want to improve your experience with Clever Commute.
Learn about Twitter (e.g., this video prepared by another company)
Put plainly: Clever Commute is leveraging existing Twitter infrastructure in order to allow for new ways for people like you to follow the updates from commuters on their line.
So what remains in order to get you up-and-running? For example, in order to follow someone whose Twitter name is crandcrand
- Login to Twitter…and then enter this address: http://www.twitter.com/crandcrand
- Click on the Follow button near the top of the page
- Now that you are following the member you want to follow, you may want to
- do a one-time setup to register your phone at Twitter to receive SMS/text messages.
- Adjust your Following settings for this line so that so that “Device Updates” are enabled…and the updates do indeed get sent at SMS
- Check out this list…and pick your line(s)
(FYI – not all routes currently available)