|This list is based on a blog post we did in preparation for a potential 2014 LIRR strike. |
Clever Commute is not affiliated with any transit provider…and does not guarantee the accuracy of this data or the reliability of the providers mentioned below.
We share this list as a courtesy to our riders. Please visit our Facebook page to share comments.
These are options above and beyond the MTA’s contingency plan for the 2014 strike. Some of the private carriers take/require reservations
- 7Bus – Serves Riverhead, Ronkonkoma, and Melville
- Go Bus – Serves Glen Cove and Roslyn
- NICE Bus – Many locations
- Hampton Jitney – Serves Amagansett, East Hampton, Wainscott, Bridgehampton, Water Mill, Southampton, and Manorville
- Hampton Luxury Liner – Serves Amagansett, East Hampton, Wainscott, Bridgehampton, Water Mill, and Southampton
- The Bridgeport & Port Jefferson Steamboat Company – Take the ferry across the Sound…and catch Metro North.
- MTA Bus – North Shore LIRR riders, the N20, N21, Q12 buses go to Flushing Queens where you can take the # 7 subway
- Other MTA Buses (credit: LI Press)
- Take the n20/21 bus to the 7 line at Main Street and Roosevelt Avenue in Flushing.
- Take the n31/32 bus or the n33 bus to the A line on Mott Avenue in Far Rockaway.
- Take the n4 bus to the E, J, and Z lines at the Jamaica Center on Parsons Boulevard and Archer Avenue in Jamaica.
- Take the n1 bus, the n6 bus, the n22/A bus, the n24 bus, or the n26 bus to the F line at 179 Street and Hillside Avenue in Jamaica.
- A great listing from Long Island Press – Many options
- NY DoT – http://511ny.org – Ridesharing information