In the event of an LIRR strike, we have crowdsourced these alternative ways to get to/from NYC. Please continue to share via the Contact feature of our web site.
Please visit the Clever Commute LIRR Strike Command Center for more resources.
These are options above and beyond the MTA’s contingency plan. Some of the private carriers take/require reservations
- 7Bus – Serves Riverhead, Ronkonkoma, and Melville
- Bolt Bus – Serves Riverhead, Ronkonkoma and Huntington
- Go Bus – Serves Glen Cove and Roslyn
- NICE Bus – Many locations
- Hampton Jitney – Serves Amagansett, East Hampton, Wainscott, Bridgehampton, Water Mill, Southampton, and Manorville
- Hampton Luxury Liner – Serves Amagansett, East Hampton, Wainscott, Bridgehampton, Water Mill, and Southampton
- The Bridgeport & Port Jefferson Steamboat Company – Take the ferry across the Sound…and catch Metro North. Special rates.
- MTA Bus – North Shore LIRR riders, the N20, N21, Q12 buses go to Flushing Queens where you can take the # 7 subway
- Other MTA Buses (credit: LI Press)
- Take the n20/21 bus to the 7 line at Main Street and Roosevelt Avenue in Flushing.
- Take the n31/32 bus or the n33 bus to the A line on Mott Avenue in Far Rockaway.
- Take the n4 bus to the E, J, and Z lines at the Jamaica Center on Parsons Boulevard and Archer Avenue in Jamaica.
- Take the n1 bus, the n6 bus, the n22/A bus, the n24 bus, or the n26 bus to the F line at 179 Street and Hillside Avenue in Jamaica.
- A great listing from Long Island Press – Many options
- NY DoT – http://511ny.org – Ridesharing information