The Route 495 bridge replacement project has started. It runs until Summer 2021.
Two important headlines:
(1) There are links below to help you learn about it
(FYI: Transit reporter Larry Higgs has a good presence at NJ.com, Facebook, Twitter…and more. He’s been following all of this closely.)
(2) Clever Commute has taken down its Premium paywall
Labor day September 9 so that all NJ users (train or bus) get free access to all information and features
More on (1) – Understanding what is Happening
- Lincoln Tunnel commuters, beware
Includes a list of options for commuters (spoiler alert: nothing is perfect)
- Major closure near Lincoln Tunnel on Rt. 495 – What you need to know
This is a good article with Q&A style including Will the bus lane be affected? (the answer is “No”)
More on (2) – All NJ Commuters get Free Premium services through Labor Day
The “Free” app and the “Premium” app are the same product…but you must be running the latest version in order to take advantage of the unlocked Premium features (how to tell).
If you are already on 3.2.3 (the latest), then logout/login to experience all features.
- The list of features – https://clevercommute.com/premiumfeatures
- More info about Premium – https://clevercommute.com/premium
- Why this matters for bus riders – https://clevercommute.com/bus
The easy way to check that you have activated Premium: There are no banner ads in the app!
Suggestion: Go to Settings => “Comms & Config” and change the value of “History – Alerts” to see more than just 2 hours of recent history.
Please use this opportunity to share info and help each other.
Please use the “Contact” feature of our web site if you have any questions.